Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sisterly love


I have two sisters.  My older sister is the one who had the abortion.  The middle sister we found out was pregnant and about the same time length of my sister who had the abortion.  It’s kind of weird because my middle sister (who I will call Christine) was just describing to me how she could feel the baby.  She could feel the little baby’s feet move.  I was so happy that the baby was okay and he/she was moving.  You can see the glow in her face.  You can look at her and realize that she is pregnant.  It’s a myth that pregnant women have a glow to them when they are pregnant.  I never thought that would be true, but she does I never notice it with my older sister (who by the way call her Ruie).

 

 Ruie (who is my older sister) I think is jealous because when ever my sister talks about the baby my Ruie gets upset and angry.  I know that has to be the reason why because all she can think about is her baby and not my sisters.  Think should I have done it?  It really hurt to have the abortion and now she has to live with it the rest of her life. She always tells me that she could never forgive her self.  I’m not just worried about her I’m worried about the effects the abortion is going to have on my niece.  She will never be able to have a sister/brother.  I always feel sorry for children that are the only child. (I thinking I’m glad I’m not them.)  They don’t understand the true friendship until you have a sister.  To understand that no matter what happens between you too there is nothing that can steal that away from you the love of a sister.

 

I remember when my sister (Christine) and I were little.  When we would get in trouble and we would be sent to our bedrooms (which was right beside each).  We would yell back in fourth (by opening up our windows) to each other because we had forgotten all about what we had been fighting over or partially because we wanted to get out of our rooms and play together again.  We always manage to become friends again.  I guess that is what’s so great about sisters there not like friends because when you get in fights we always manage to get over it.  I think back to what we did when we were kids to each other.  We were so mean to each other.  We would throw things at each other.  I remember at Ruie’s house my sister and I stayed the night and we were fighting over which one of us will get the left seat. Let me tell you we almost got the cops called on us because my sister lived in apartments and you could hear everything.  My sister kicked the side of my stomach the pain I can still remember it to this day.  It hurt so mother F***ing bad it felt like somebody was sticking a knife in my stomach and pushing the knife as far as it will go. The next day I had a bruise the size of a pomegranate.  I can tell you this she didn’t get the left seat I fought until I won.

 

 The reason why I’m telling you this story is because this is what my little niece will be missing. I know it sounds cruel, but that’s not the point it’s the fact that if we were friends I don’t think we would have forgiven each other I agree it is fighting, but it is more than just fighting.  It is a bond that sisters the bond that my niece will never have or ever experience is the sisterly bond. 

 

(Even though my sister and I were mean to each other.   The funny thing is my sister and me are very close now and she had also been protective of me towards other people.  Maybe I’ll tell you that story in another blog .)

4 comments:

  1. me and my sister are like that. we would get in a fight and punished amd sent to our rooms then one of us would sneak into the others room. those were good days. and i'm the protective one of my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why she can never have a sister. After you have an abortion i thought that you could still have kids and your middle sister with the kid, cant she still have kids.
    Abortions are hard things to go through, but my friend had one then a couple years later she got pregnant. Her due date would have been here soon, but around four months she had a miscarige. She actually had to deliver the baby and push it out, although the baby was dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it strange how that happens. I would hate my sister for days sometimes ,but i would get bored because i would have nothing to do.She would always be there for me. Now that she moved out i miss her so much. Especially he fighting and then we would laugh on why the fight started. We go to dinner once a week. It's something that is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My older sister can't have anymore kids because she has a heart problem. She wouldn't be able to bare a child. You still can have a baby even though you have had an abortion. Some doctors say it is harder ,but i guess will really never know. I feel bad for your friend paige that would be so hard. I don't know what i could do. If i knew i was having a child, but it is dead i would be heart broken.

    ReplyDelete